Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Here's a tip

So I thought, I'd just throw this out there as a freebie for any writer who's ever going to write about a single mum.

Disclaimer: I'm not a single mum, I'm what you'll term a single wife, as in my husband travels a lot for his job, so I'm home alone with the kids. It's quite close to being a single mum with regards to certain experiences, but for the single mum the struggle is even more real (hats off to you).

Anyways meet kid let number 2 he is the cutest bug on earth but he doesn't sleep. If you don't hold him, he power naps for 15-30 minutes, and is rearing to go again. In other words I'm that mombie who doesn't drink coffee.

On Saturday, a friend of ours texted me to see if he could borrow an airport approved hand luggage, I texted back and said come on Sunday after church.

On Sunday, this sleep deprived mum sent him the address to my favourite Chinese restaurant, made him pick up food for us.

When he came in he said, "here's your food I'll just take the hand luggage and go. I need to get a haircut."

My response? " your hair looks great, either ways you're going to have to change your plans, I have to shower". I had serious mum stench.

Before he could say anything else, he was wrangling a 6 month old and a 6 year old, and I had a good long refreshing shower.

This my dear friends is the definition of hot in a single mum's book. Want to write about a hero that's believable? That is what real life looks like, and this little gross story with mum stench all over it, could help you get a glimpse into the world of a single mum.

Song in my head: Jealous by Nick Jonas

2 comments:

  1. LOL! That's brilliant!

    I was a single wife for 15 years until hubby finally retired. For 15 years we lived 300 miles apart and visited each other twice a month. You learn to become very independent in short order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lemme add summore thots, dear...

    If 'freedom lies in being bold' (Robert Frost), doesn't pushing-the-envelope also result in the Elysian Fields of Utopia? If I'm the sower, we plant the Seed; if I'm an artist, we RITE the symphonies heard Upstairs ☆IF☆ we accept His lead withe orchestra...

    Wanna find-out the fax, Jak, in a wurld fulla the 'power of cowards'? Wanna wiseabove to help a 'Plethora Of Wurdz' [POW!] which are look'n for a new home in thy novelty?? Yay!

    Q: But [gulp] can anyone tell me the difference between K2/IQ? A: Nthn. In Heaven, we gitt'm both for eternity HA! Need a few more thots, ideers, wild wurdz (whoa, Nelly! easy, girl!) or ironclad iconoclasms?

    VERBUM SAT SAPIENTI (Latin: words to [the] wise): As an ex-writer of the sassy, savvy, schizophenia we all go thro in this lifelong demise, I just wanna help U.S. git past the ping-pong-politixx, the whorizontal more!ass! we're in...

    "This finite existence is only a test, son," God Almighty told me in my coma. "Far beyond thy earthly tempest is where you'll find tangible, corpulent eloquence". Lemme tella youse without d'New Joisey accent...

    I actually saw Seventh-Heaven when we died: you couldn't GET!! any moe curly, party-hardy-endorphins, low-hanging-fruit of the Celestial Paradise, extravagantly-surplus-lush Upstairs (awww! baby kitties, too!!) when my o-so-beautifull, brilliant, bombastic girly passed-away due to those wry, sardonic satires...

    "Those who are wise will shine as brightly as the expanse of the Heavens, and those who have instructed many in uprightousness as bright as stars for all eternity" -Daniel 12:3, NJB

    Here's also what the prolific, exquisite GODy sed: 'the more you shall honor Me, the more I shall bless you' -the Infant Jesus of Prague.

    Go gitt'm, girly. You're incredible. You're indelible. Cya Upstairs. I won't be joining'm in the nasty Abyss where Isis prowls
    thesuperseedoftime.blogspot.com
    infowars.com
    -YOUTHwitheTRUTH:
    Revelation 14:13
    -------------------------------
    PS Need summore unique, uncivilized, useless names?? Lemme gonna gitcha started, brudda:

    Oak Woods, Franky Sparks, Athena Noble, Autumn Rose, Faith Bishop, Dolly Martin, Willow Rhodes, Cocoa Major, Roman Stone, Bullwark Burnhart, Magnus Wilde, Kardiak Arrest, Will Wright, Goldy Silvers, Penelope Summers, Sophie Sharp, Violet Snow, Lizzy Roach, BoxxaRoxx, Aunty Dotey, Romero Stark, Zacharia Neptoon, Mercurio Morrissey, Fritz & Felix Franz, Victor Payne, Isabella Silverstein, Mercedes Kennedy, Redd Rust, Phoenix Martini, Ivy Squire, Sauer Wolfe, Yankee Cooky, blessed b9... (or mixNmatch)

    God blessa youse
    (trustNjesus)
    -Fr. Sarducci, ol SNL

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say, so go on & make my day