Thursday, October 7, 2010

Help is Here

After a billion edits don't you and your CPs ever feel you need a fresh pair of eyes? Especially since your agent or editor has no idea how well you have improved from first to last draft and will only judge you based on what they see. Well here is a solution 4 u, our friend Erica over at A Novel Hypothetically Speaking has come up with an amazing idea, A beta party blogfest!


Its a way to connect with other writers/bloggers and find a beta reader if you need one. Then there is more and this is where I get excited she's got Prizes (I know am automatically out of the running but she has got prizes!).
1st Prize is A copy of "The Forest for the Trees" & she  will beta read your MS/WIP 
2nd Prize is A 3 CHAPTER critique by Clarissa Draper check out her blog, seriously check it out.
 
The 3rd prize is supposed to be from me, but for the life of me I could not figure out what to give, oh I know! I know! we can do a synopsis crit together. That's what followers are for right?*winks*
so head on over to Erica and Clarissa's the blogfest is till Sunday the 10th and meet some fellow writers looking for you (oh gosh! now I sound like a dating website).
On another note today, I did a hundred and ten on the speedometer today (believe me that was the speed limit), it felt so good I think I might start training for the Grand Prix de Monaco.

11 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea! I'm going to check out both the blogs you mention, even though I'm not quite ready for this stage.

    Good luck with the F1 training. I've always fancied cross-country rally myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea with the beta blog fest! good thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, thank you. You're so kind.

    Glad you like the pics as well.

    CD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, sounds awesome. Thanks for the heads up!

    Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grand Prix here you come! :)

    Sounds like a fab idea for a blogfest, and Clarissa's chapter critiques are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Joanna,
    I got an email from Erica advising me of her blogfest ;) I will definitely participate. BTW, I added you to my blogroll ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just to tell you all how good the first prize is the Rachelle Gardner from WordServe Lit Agency is also giving away this book today. She thinks its a must have for writers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by, Joanna. I've put your blog on my reader. I'll be sure to stop by again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea for a blogfest! I'm gonna go check it out right now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How exciting! The prizes and blogfest sound great. So, how did you feel driving so fast? :O)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Thank you for returning the visit
    @Madeleine lets just say I wish I had a convertible so I could put the top down and yell my glee. Am turning into a speed monkey :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say, so go on & make my day